[Nottingham] ADSL

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btopenworld.com
Mon Dec 1 22:18:12 GMT 2003

Hi.

I am a member of the Malvern LUG in Worcestershire.

I understand that you have members of the Nottingham list
who have experience of ADSL and/or PPPoA.

I have "btopenworld",  together with the BT Voyager 100
modem (which they supplied).  I understand that it is NOT
Linux friendly.

I have also bought an  eTEC  ADSL Modem/Router with
4 ethernet ports and USB.    I have read that this unit may
not be a good choice for Linux.

The favoured one seems to be the Alcatel one that looks like
a green flat fish !

Please may I have your experiences.  I am still stuck with
Windows 98 for internet use.   My Debian GNU/Linux is
used for everything else,  using a dual-boot set-up.

Best regards.

Geoff Bagley
G3FHL.