[Nottingham] baby linux

David Bean david at dbean.uklinux.net
Wed Dec 24 23:47:31 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 14:15, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Just a short email to announce our newest LUGgie... Alexander James
> Fowler was born last Thursday at QMC. He's now home and I hope to
> introduce him to the delights of the 2.6 kernel tree as soon as
> possible.
> Right now, however, he's having trouble negotiating the keyboard!
>
> Graeme
> --
> Graeme Fowler <graeme at graemef.net>

Congratulations...

Keyboard skills come very quickly. So does finding ways to break
computers. Some things to look forward to (all happed to me):

Floppy disk stuck in DVD drive
Resetting motherboard defaults by repeatedly pressing power button
Finding DAT tapes covered in biscuit in the (now broken) drive
Finding CD's almost anywhere below 50cm
Lifting the lid on the printer and holding the (moving) ink tanks
turning off printer mid uni report
turning on scroll lock on a console to look like frozen terminal
Writing a (fun) X lock app but failing to block Ctrl+Alt+Backspace

Have Fun...

Dave Bean and little James(14 months)