[Nottingham] Soundblaster live and Mandrake 9.0 working

Steve Bridges nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 10:00:01 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I've managed to get the soundcard working now, =
and it was something really really stupid :)

My speakers were plugged into the analog/digital speaker output, rather =
than the line out. This worked fine in Windows for some reason (and, I =
think, Mandrake 8.2 but I'm not sure - it was months ago that I upgraded =
to 9.0) but produces only static on Mandrake 9.0.

I moved the speakers to line out, and it all works again. :)

I didn't think it could be the speaker connection, since as I said it =
works fine on WinXP.

Oh well, at least I've learnt something new.

Cheers,

Steve