[Nottingham] Next Meeting, Wednesday 5th March

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 11 10:02:01 2003

Hello again folks,

I bring you tidings of our next gathering.

Thanks to Marcel Taylor we have Richard Heggs of Nottingham City Council
coming to tell us about the use of SuSe Linux for their email system[1].

Anticipating more than the usual level of interest in this presentation sessions we are trying to arrange a town centre venue which would also be larger than the Church in Beeston.

So far the best venue has been suggested by Michel Haber.  This would be at Nottingham Trent University in the city centre but would meen starting the talk at 19:00 (rather than 19:30) so we are out of the building by 20:30.  It would also mean billing it as "in association with the  School of Engineering"

Once I have the time and place confirmed I will update the web page.
This is also a talk which may be of interest to neighbouring LUGs (Derby, Leicester etc) so I will pass them a blurb asap but anyone with friends of friends of
friends is encouraged to encourage them.

Last meeting we asked for a donation of GBP 1.00 to go towards the cost of the room.  As others have mentioned thanks to Michael et al. it cheap at half the price - which leads me nicely on to suggesting we ask for GBP 2.00 per head for this meeting.

So in summary:

Next meeting will: Wednesday 5th March,