[Nottingham] Next Meeting, Wednesday 5th March

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 11 14:53:01 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Chris Hastie wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Duncan John Fyfe <djf@star.le.ac.uk> wrote
> >
> >Anticipating more than the usual level of interest in this presentation
> >sessions we are trying to arrange a town centre venue which would also
> >be larger than the Church in Beeston.
> >
> >So far the best venue has been suggested by Michel Haber.  This would
> >be at Nottingham Trent University in the city centre but would meen
> >starting the talk at 19:00 (rather than 19:30) so we are out of the
> >building by 20:30.
>
> That's a tight slot. It also means I'd miss the Archers :(

Can't you feed the radio into your soundcard (assuming you have one)
and set a cronjob to record it for you ?

> I've no idea if it's available that evening, but the Theosophical Hall
> on Maid Marion Way might be worth investigating as a closer to the City
> Centre option. A bit further out there's the ICC on Mansfield Road.

I'll look into it.  DO you have a reference for info about either ?
Googling "Theosophical Hall" gets me lots of people talking about it but no=
thing about facilities and cost.

> >Last meeting we asked for a donation of GBP 1.00 to go towards the cost
> >of the room.  As others have mentioned thanks to Michael et al. it
> >cheap at half the price - which leads me nicely on to suggesting we ask
> >for GBP 2.00 per head for this meeting.
>
> Er, yeah. Something odd in the logic there? Cheap at half the price =3D
> cheap at 50p. So you want to charge four times that much :)
>
> =A32 seems quite reasonable actually, it's just the logic that took you
> there appears a little upside down.

Well, there's the fatal flaw in your argument.
You assumed logic was involved.

Although being cheap at half the price (50p) does not imply
it is not cheap at twice the price (2.00 GBP).