[Nottingham] Next Meeting, Wednesday 5th March

Chris Hastie nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Feb 14 09:16:02 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Duncan John Fyfe <djf@star.le.ac.uk> wrote
>On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Chris Hastie wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Duncan John Fyfe <djf@star.le.ac.uk> wrote
>> >  This would
>> >be at Nottingham Trent University in the city centre but would meen
>> >starting the talk at 19:00 (rather than 19:30) so we are out of the
>> >building by 20:30.
>>
>> That's a tight slot. It also means I'd miss the Archers :(
>
>Can't you feed the radio into your soundcard (assuming you have one)
>and set a cronjob to record it for you ?

Probably easier to you use a good old fashioned tape recorder :)

>> I've no idea if it's available that evening, but the Theosophical Hall
>> on Maid Marion Way might be worth investigating as a closer to the City
>> Centre option. A bit further out there's the ICC on Mansfield Road.
>>

>I'll look into it.  DO you have a reference for info about either ?
>Googling "Theosophical Hall" gets me lots of people talking about it
>but nothing about facilities and cost.

Best I could come up with on the Theosophical Hall is
<http://www.theosophical-society.org.uk/ASP/lodge_local.asp> which at
least gives a contact person to start at. It's a big, well, hall, with
chairs in. A bit of heating and the occasional electric socket. No idea
what the cost is I'm afraid. I may get a chance to go past this
afternoon - if I do I'll look for any helpful notices stuck outside.

The ICC - this from Bt's directory enquiries:

Nottingham City Council
Leisure & Community Services Department
Community Centres
International Community Centre

(0115) 915 6950

61b, Mansfield Rd
Nottingham
NG1 3NS

Not sure if it's still run directly by NCC Leisure & Community - at one
point it was on lease to the YMCA, but that number should get you
somewhere. There are quite a few rooms of differing sizes at the ICC.

Do I remember someone saying pubs are out? Does that include upstairs
rooms with separate entrances so no one has to walk through the bar? If
not, the Bunkers Hill Inn at the bottom of Hockley might be another
possibility (and very convenient for me!). And thinking about personal
convenience - Victoria Leisure Centre? ((0115) 915 5600)

--
Chris Hastie