[Nottingham] Detective required

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Feb 13 11:03:02 2003

I have been in touch with "The New Mechanics" wrt rooms for hire for
LUG meeting.  Their bookings bod isn't in at the moment but I have been
informed that:

They have plenty of rooms that would suit 20-30 people (ie. a normal lug meet) and charge GBP 22.50 for a morning/afternoon/evening (open 10am-10pm).

I am hopeful of using a Nottingham Trent lecture theatre[1] for March and April's meetings but a room at "The New Mechanics" might suit the LUG better than
the church in Beeston for our normal presentations.

Since I work in Leicester it is going to be difficult for me to check the place out.  So we need a willing volunteer to wander down there and see what they have to offer (and check what facilities they have - do the rooms have power points, can we hire an OHP or LCDP from them ?) and report back.

Any volunteers ?

Have fun,
Duncan

[1] Bigger venue with LCD projector.  This would mean the presentations run 19:00-20:30, they would be public (which they already) and we might only be able to ask for voluntary donations but I'm happy with that.

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,