[Nottingham] Idea for funds

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 24 21:52:01 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, [iso-8859-1] Mike Martin wrote:

> What do people think of the idea of setting up formal banking
> arrangements for the LUG?

In doing all ther organizing this is something I've kind of put off
because I've not had a chance to investigate what it takes for
a bank to accept you as a society/club or whatever.
I suspect it will take a written "goals and objectives/constitution" of the group
and possibly a membership list (something we don't have).

With moving to asking form contributions for events and hoping to
get sponsorship this is a definite requirement.

Does anyone have any experience of setting up society/group bank accounts etc ?

As for money from events, I'm kind of in favour of the voluntary contribution
scheme we seem to be falling into.  In my view it seems to be the best way of keeping the LUG activities open like the mailing list.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,