[Nottingham] NTL Cache Performance Suggestions

Nick B. nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Feb 27 18:39:02 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 06:01:23PM +0000, someone wrote:

> > Shortly before I go suggest NTL shove their Nottingham caches where the
> > Sun doesn't shine (they really are /absolutely crap/ at the moment), I
> > thought I would point out that the Oxford caches are working fine.

Theres a list of NTL proxies (and a load of other useful stuff) on Robin
Walker's cable modem site.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/

Likewise though, I agree the Inktomi proxies are a real pain in the a***. I regulary configuremy browser manually to get around the problem, usually just a case of tweaking the number of the nottingham area one. ISTR that one of the nottingham ones is permanently duff.

--
Nick B.
Nottingham/UK