[Nottingham] NTL Cache Performance Suggestions

Tom Bird nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Feb 27 18:02:01 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Jon Masters wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Shortly before I go suggest NTL shove their Nottingham caches where the
> Sun doesn't shine (they really are /absolutely crap/ at the moment), I
> thought I would point out that the Oxford caches are working fine.

Blame peer-to-peer for crap evening NTL performance.  Personally, I found
it bad enough to trigger my intended change to ADSL some months ago.  It
was a million times better.

If NTL start using the 1GB cap soon to kick the warez kiddies off their
service, I imagine it'll get a lot better for those of you who are left.

Hum, I miss my bandwidth... (had to move)

--
Tom  [www.hambule.co.uk] [tom@hambule.co.uk]