[Nottingham] NTL Cache Performance Suggestions

Simon Huggins nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Feb 28 09:25:13 2003

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 07:58:37AM +0000, Andy Brown wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Robert Davies wrote:
> >On Thursday 27 February 2003 18:38, you wrote:
> >> If NTL start using the 1GB cap soon to kick the warez kiddies off their
> >> service, I imagine it'll get a lot better for those of you who are left.
> I really don't want to get into this here, as it's not really on
> topic, and has been done to death elsewhere, but that attitude realy
> winds me up. It's not just the warez kiddies who use the bandwidth.

Awwh?  We could go on for days. ;)

If you use it you should pay for it surely?  Aside from NTL's pathetic
handling of the situation it seems quite logical to me to limit it.

Think of it as buying a much smaller pipe but with the ability to burst
to 1mbit or 256kbit.

I don't see how ISPs will be able to get away from limiting people and
still make money.

--
----------(  After a number of decimal places, nobody gives  )----------