[Nottingham] NTL Cache Performance Suggestions

Lee nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Feb 28 16:19:02 2003

arn't we all missing the point here?

Okay, they have a download limit, but that's a limit no based in logic.

Bandwidth has an asscoitated cost..

if I transfer 1gb of data with another cable modem user in the same
'city' or even same 'street' then this 'cheaper' than travering 18
transit routers, not owned by ntl, so downloading 1gb from sibera or
afganistan is more costly for ntl?.. So, why don't they limit the amount
of traffic that does'nt coms from thier own internal AS subnets, rather
than a blanket cap. and if your going to argue they don't have that
kinda of billing data, they do, they keep it by law!!!!!, whether they
have the skills and the talent to act on it is another matter... ;-)
you pay peanuts, you get monkies....

yeah, bandwidth..it's a great thing to charge for...if only I could just
rent fiber cables, and then run whatever bandwidth I wanted over the
top.....

and what ever happend to ATM...another industry disaster....

when will these layer 2 cowboys finally give into to layer 3 isp?

dunno, guess they have to keep thier subscription to the golf club some
how. ;-) ho ho ho

Cheers,
Lee
www,naan.org.uk