[Nottingham] Speedtouch ADSL firewall help

BB nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 11 10:48:00 2003

Hi

I'm new to the list and would like some help. So lets
see how we get on.

I have a acer sub notebook that I have put redhat 8
on. It has 1 USB post and 1 PCMCIA Xircom NIC, I also
have a netgear wireless access point.

I want to use the acer as a firewall constantly
connected to the internet and then the inside servered
by the wifi.

Just like Smoothwall or IPCOP (both I like but dont
support PCMCIA)

I can do most of this (wifi & firewall) but the AUTO
dialup of the ADSL and just getting the damb frog to
work seams WAY to complicated.

Has anyone got a nice easy way of getting the ADSL
frog to continually stay on line?

Or easy way of getting the Frog to work (rpm etc)?

Thanks

BB