[Nottingham] Re joystick, thanks.

Jon Masters nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 15 03:26:01 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, jason wrote:

> Hi Jon,
> I've sent you a load more information offlist but thought I should answer
> these questions and thought it rude just to drop the subject on-list.

I have only just read your message but briefly, my current contemplation
is whether we need to use some alsa/oss code and/or access the sound
device before/during touching the joystick. Some of the joystick code
relies on such support in this way - last exam today so if you get no
reply from me in a couple of days then prod me harder :-)

> I finally got round to booting into windows and windows detects the joystick
> fine so I guess it's not a hardware issue.

Not directly. I have a Soundblaster Live however am not using the joystick
port - but that can be fixed later this week anyway. I'll take a look.

I should sleep, big exam on pointless shite later today.

Jon.