[Nottingham] Offer for February's meet

Michael Erskine nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 20 10:12:00 2003

I'm over here and unfortunately not on holiday! I will be fine
presenting the Pixie but I only need a short slot - perhaps we can get
both in?

Although interesting in a Questions and Answers type way I don't think
there's too much to actually demonstrate -- I'm sure that some will have
some good uses for the ideas behind it and this can be discussed at the
pub on a one-to-one basis. The interesting stuff is the filesystem
layout and that the platform is cheap, has no moving parts, and boots
over the network from both Windows and Linux servers. I will summarise
this in slides and rehearse a demo to see how long it takes -- I can cut
it down to fit if necessary without missing out the salient points. I
will be emulating the server side of the train timetables in Perl to
demonstrate the Java app that this system is designed to accommodate.

Michael.