[Nottingham] Re: February

Martin nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 22 19:54:01 2003

Marcel Taylor wrote:

[...]
> I'm a member of a chess club.  We each pay in a membership fee. We pay out
> rent and association fees. We pay for chess equipment. We have a treasurer to
> collect the money and keep the accounts. We have officials to carry out
> functions.  We have an AGM to organise ourselves. Does NLUG need this kind of
> organisation?

An alternative is to use an alternative venue, say to a pub that offers
a meeting room for free, whereby charges are not incurred and everything
can stay informal.

There's a number of pubs that may be suitable nearby in Beeston.

(The pub idea does impose a 'tax' in that we will be obliged to enjoy
ourselves with a beer or few (:-))

> What does IMHO mean?
In My Humble Opinion

In My Honest Opinion