[Nottingham] Printers not printing

Marcel Taylor nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 2 18:45:00 2003

Hi

prior to recompiling my kernel, I thought it would be a good idea to prin=
t out=20
(and study) the relevant HOW-TO. I clicked on the print icon, the printer=
 did=20
nothing! I tried printing one of my Open-Office documents, nothing again.=
=20
That has always worked before. All this was on a parallel connection to a=
 HP=20
Desk Jet 550C. I tried a HP Desk Jet 895Cxi via USB, which had worked bef=
ore.=20
Again nothing. There is nothing in my print queue. I reconfigured the HP =
550.=20
The serial connection test did print 'Hello, world'. The configuration te=
st=20
did not produce any output. I'm running SuSE 8.1 on a Toshiba Tecra 8000=20
laptop, 2.4.19. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Desperate of Gedling