[Nottingham] Meeting, July 2nd 2003

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 3 13:01:01 2003

On Thursday 03 Jul 2003 11:47, Lee wrote:

> Hope I did'nt rattle on too much, and yes, I've got a chip on my
> shoulder about microsoft, well perhaps it's more about how large
> corporations use the control of technology as a way of gaining a market
> advantage, it's a chip, but a well informed and measured chip :-).

Chips are fine, so long as some action is taken, software patents will
entrench the large corporations even more, and perhaps disrupt the
development of future network standards, so hope those who care are lobbying
our MEPs and (perhaps later MPs).  Labour still have not set out their
policy, hopefully it's because they've been forced to rethink, as a result of
the Hoo-Hah Arlene McCarthy got into.

Rob