[Nottingham] Printers not printing

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 3 14:16:01 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Marcel Taylor wrote:

> CUPS. (I knew I'd leave something out (:()   )

I had this happen to me the other night.  A formerly working CUPS/printer setup
stopped working.
	lpr -Pprinter foo.ps

and foo.ps would appear in the print queue then vanish without a trace.  The printer
didn't even blink.

I've not got to the bottom of it yet but I'll let you know if/when I do.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,