[Nottingham] Linux Evening classes

Derek Huskisson nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jul 4 16:50:01 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 15:43, Dan Mackdermott wrote:
> Just another tuppenny's(?) worth...
>
> Would we be teaching them to be a sysadmin or a user?  Applications, in my
> mind, would be totally different depending on what level they are at.
>
> Maybe it would be an idea to split into two levels, 'user' and then
> 'sysadmin'.
>
> Just a thought!  ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan

How about learning by doing a project. Say, the sysadmins could build
and set up a terminal server, (plenty of scope here-- DHCP, networking
the linux way, messing around with X, authentication etc etc), the users
could sit in the bar for a few evenings, then they would get their
turn.  Would require one reasonable spec'd machine and any old crap for
the terminals.

--
Derek Huskisson <derek@huskisson.free-online.co.uk>