[Nottingham] Linux Evening classes

Godfrey Nix nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jul 4 23:32:01 2003

We really have to consider our target audience carefully, or there could
be a high dropout rate. There are always those who do not care how
something works, just that they can get to use it. I tentatively suggest
they may be in the majority. There are others who want to 'tinker under
the bonnet' and see how it works.

If we offer a course to show people that there is an alternative to MS
that gives word processing/spreadsheet/database/email/calendar and all
for free with local support then we build up a large base of people who
are receptive to Linux. Later (but not too much later) we offer a course
to show those who want to, how to install Linux on their home or office
machine(s).

(If it helps, I'm a qualified teacher, and have run evening classes for
Adult Education and WEA)

Greetings,

Godfrey Nix