[Nottingham] Linux Tuition

Jon Masters nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 16:05:01 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Simon Huggins wrote:

> You don't say what you intend this "moderate charge" would be for.

I would have thought that it is quite obvious from the nature of any such
event that there will be a need for resources beyond those normally at a
regular Nottingham LUG meeting. A a room with machines in it...a building
containing said computer room...a nightwatchman paid to watch over us...

> I'm surprised you didn't mention that if you were involved you'd want
> some money out of it in your first message.

It's not that I necessarily want money out of it (at least two people
have stated an interest in paying however) - but I am being blunt in
saying that running anything along these lines could set the organisers
back and that I am therefore interested in running with that in mind.

Anyway as I head back towards the original point...I want to understand
what level of interest there is and along what lines and so forth.
Originally I asked for private mails so that I could keep a tab but since
it has become a whole thread in itself we might as well roll with it.

Cheers,

Jon.