[Nottingham] Linux Tuition

Simon Huggins nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 23:20:00 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 09:28:13PM +0100, Robert Davies wrote:
> On Thursday 10 Jul 2003 19:25, Simon Huggins wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 05:39:15PM +0100, Robert Davies wrote:
> > > It wasn't Jon who posted the section about 'freeloaders' in IRC
> > Er, yes it was.
> I think everyone saw you brought that stuff to the list, quoting him
> from IRC.

Indeed.  Jon however "posted" it "in IRC" as you say above.  Perhaps
that wasn't what you meant.

> One line <snips> are great for removing context,

Oh sorry.

13:44  * huggie wonders what jcm means by "support the effort"
13:47 <Padfoot> huggie: where?
13:48 -!- relic [Relic@128.243.24.119] has joined #nott
13:48 <relic> afternoon all
13:48 <BassDrop> maybe the thing he is forever going on about?
13:49 <huggie> Nottlug
13:52 <jcm> I want to know who is willing to actually pay money for us to do it
            rather than those interested in freeloading.
13:54  * relic hasn't a clue what people are currently talking about
13:55 <jcm> Running Linux evening classes.

Look, I really wasn't trying to distort anything Jon meant.  When this
whole thing came up I honestly believed that people meant to do this out
of the goodness of their hearts with perhaps some covering costs of
location/equipment type thing.  A comment by jcm before about setting up
a consultancy made me wonder if he really meant doing tutorials for
free or not.  So I asked him what he meant.

Jon said this in a public IRC channel so I didn't feel any problem
reproducing it here.

I just wanted to remove any doubt from the minds of those people who,
like me, thought that this was all being done in the community spirit.
Did no one else read it like that?  Did everyone immediately think "Oh I
wonder how much he'll charge" ?

> that and the jibes thrown in are poor form.

Oh?  I'm sorry I didn't realise I had done that.  Please point me at
jibes I've thrown in, in this thread?

--
----------(         <blitz> c con y a pas de /unfuck         )----------
Simon ----(                                                  )---- Nomis