[Nottingham] Linux InstallFest / Awareness Day 1st November

Godfrey Nix nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 23:30:00 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 10:10, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> Hello again subset of everyone,
>
> As some of you may remember we had a little discussion about an install fest...
>
> Well, thanks to Robert & co.  we have a venue booked for Saturday 1st November 2003.
>
> Deatail are:
> 	Green's Mill and Science Centre
> 	Windmill Lane, Sneinton, Nottingham NG2 4QB
> 	()

Agreed there should be two areas - one for home users who may want to
see how to connect up to dial/broadband and browse, read mail, play
games; and one area for businesses who presumably would want to see file
and print sharing (use SAMBA?) with firewall and user access control,
email with calendaring, spreadsheet and presentation graphics, databases
and what automation tools are available to link them together
(perl/shell scripting)

Don't forget a short note to local radio and TV stations (interview and
pictures would be great for spreading the word on Linux!)

I can bring a laptop (RH 9.0) and a 4 port hub

Regards,

Godfrey Nix