[Nottingham] Linux Tuition

Graeme Fowler nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jul 11 12:34:03 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Jon Masters wrote:
> I think it would obviously be cool to get sponsorship but I just do not
> see who would be willing to fork out for it - and getting people willing
> to grant us free access to do whatever we want to their machines is not
> likely especially where they would be liable for what happened.

I think I may be able to persuade a friendly(ish) local hosting company to
loan some low-end, redundant, kit, say a half-dozen or so Dell workstations.
They're not up to much (K6-2 500 with 256MB) but they should be OK for
tuition. I'll ask up the ladder and see what the outcome is.

Of course, if any of the other staff of said company are willing to lug them
about, supervise, and help generally that would assist my request greatly :)

Will let you know