[Nottingham] Linux Tuition

Graeme Fowler nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jul 11 15:17:01 2003

All

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Jon Masters wrote:
> > I think it would obviously be cool to get sponsorship but I just do not
> > see who would be willing to fork out for it - and getting people willing
> > to grant us free access to do whatever we want to their machines is not
> > likely especially where they would be liable for what happened.
>
> I think I may be able to persuade a friendly(ish) local hosting company to
> loan some low-end, redundant, kit, say a half-dozen or so Dell workstations.

At risk of being flamed for replying to my own message, NottsLUG is now the
proud owner of a small plethora of low-end Dell workstations which the
aforementioned company, Host Europe Internet Ltd, has agreed to write off in
an effort to remove them from our workshop :)

Small plug ahoy:

Company info:				http://www.hosteurope.com/
Virtual hosting:			http://www.webfusion.co.uk/
Dedicated Servers:			http://www.dedicated-servers.co.uk/
Domain Registration, and other stuff:	http://www.123-reg.co.uk/

This is on the understanding that they are not to be used for individual gain,
and must be used as some sort of "community" resource for the LUG as a whole.
If this can't be guaranteed then I can't let them out of the building...

Now it's up to someone else to find some monitors, keyboards etc. And
somewhere to store them, preferably somewhere central.

I'll have to sort out zeroing the disks and so on before they leave the
building. Please let me know when/where/who might (will?) be taking the
systems.

Graeme