[Nottingham] Sendmail Question

Steve Goodliff nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 15 16:51:00 2003

Hello All,

I'm trying to set up cyrus-imap with sendmail,however i've got a hopefully
small problem. I can send email using SMTP commands over telnet to the
external interface of the cyrus server from a RH8 box. However when I send a
email to the account from outlook sendmail logs the message below and no
mail appears, the bt host is where our outgoing email is sent to via a smart
host directive on another RH8 server.

I'm assuming the btfusion mail server is attempting to connect to my cyrus /
sendmail box to deliver the mail it has queued up, however is seeing
something it doesn't like. The problem isn't just with bt's mail server as
my secondary mx server has entries in the log with the same message.

Can anyone shed any light on this ?.

NOQUEUE: mta05.btfusion.com [62.172.195.14] did not issue
MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

Cheers

Steve Goodliff