[Nottingham] Linux Tuition--Dell Workstations!!!!

Martin nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 17 19:10:01 2003

Graeme Fowler wrote:
[...]
> dd using /dev/urandom will do me fine.

As someone else posted earlier, using bs=512k will probably speed the
writes up a little. (Otherwise, the writes are done character by
character...)

> .... Clearly I
> cannot do this in work time, however I've been rather busy after work recently
> as I have a sprog in development at the moment - Fowlerette v1.0 - and sorting
> the house out has been slightly more pressing :)
>
> I'll get there, if it means I have to rope in colleagues to do it!

I'm sure you've got all our sympathies. I don't remember ever getting a
free lunchtime at my last place of work. A compromise was to get the
reps to take my group out for a working lunch!...

Good luck with your new sprog (:-))

martin@ml1.co.uk