[Nottingham] Matrix Reloaded

Graeme Fowler nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jun 3 07:16:01 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 00:01, Tim Emanuel wrote:
> Maybe. But in the bit that you snipped you listed a number of actors you
> presumably regard as hacks, the clear implication being that Matrix
> Reloaded is filled with the finest thespians available to mankind. Which
> it isn't. It's filled with Keanu Reeves.

No, that's not what I meant. What I meant was that the people I listed
have never (with the exception, perhaps, the films made by Tom Hanks
after he became powerful and famous enough to get his own way. And the
Truman Show, depending on your point of view) really made films which
require any thought. They tend to star in mass-market easily watched
films which require no thought whatsoever.

Yep, Keanu can be pretty wooden. But then that's the character, is it
not?

Graeme
--
Graeme Fowler <graeme@graemef.net>