[Nottingham] NTL Cache Performance Suggestions

Lee nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Mar 1 13:37:01 2003

Just because my packets get broken down and stuck in little cell's ,
does'nt mean I have to like it....

ADSL...okay they use ppp over atm... what a rubbish idea that is... :-)

Cable, I think there's no ATM transport layer to the local pop, dunno
what they use to shunt your data around, probably atm.. probably not
packet over sonet(sdh).... ho ho ho...

It's not my fault I don't like layer 2 technologies, I'm more interested
in packets.. and moaning about networks, that I did'nt build.
I'm just interested in tech that can move packets at high speed, with
reduced costs... Some say you can't fix network problems by just
throwing bandwidth at the the problem, depends how much the bandwidth
costs...

I'm looking at iproute2 at the moment, try to get some of the traffic
management functions going...all looks good, I get a kick too when I
have to turn on 'experimental' functions of the kernel... what a sad
life I lead... ;-)

Laters,
Lee