[Nottingham] *-------Host Europe---------*

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Mar 2 10:23:01 2003

On Sunday 02 March 2003 03:02, you wrote:
> > Personally I'd love to be able to linux all day and get paid for it,
> > alas, all the jobs I see are for point and click windows NT
> > Administrators,and I'd rather eat my own arm off than be one of those
> > (again). ;-)... For the meantime I'll just have to subvert all these
> > windows users to the true way...
>
> Believe me, Unix systems admin is like having a dog vomit on
> your face all day.

Wow, you do like some strange things...

UNIX/Linux admin can be great, there's 2 ways to do the job, the easy way,
with lots of repetitive work, or the 'hard way' where you hack code and
automate everything and spend all day on USEnet and IRC and dishing out
LART-ings untill some hard disk goes west, or you have something fun like a
DoS attack to deal with *grin*

Rob