[Nottingham] SuSE Goodies (was: NTL Cache Performance Suggestions)

.waffle nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Mar 2 18:32:01 2003

Ok, here's my two pence:

I want to be able to get the free CD's _first_ to try it out. Ok, they've
partly gone for this by doing a LiveEval, but it just ain't the same. A 1 CD
HD installable option would be much nicer. I agree by the way about the
manuals and the DVD's... Far more convenient. That's why I bought Redhat 7.3
(although to be honest, it was the cheapest version available, as I knew 8.0
was around the corner). If I was going to use SuSE in a professional
context, yeah, I'd pay £70 every time, but I'd prefer if there was a
personal edition costing £20 or less, rather than the £30/£40 it is at the
moment. And a nice bog-reading book.

So basically, I agree with you, but I feel they charge too much, and have
hence consigned themselves to serious customers, rather than the dabblers
(hey, we've all got our roots in dabbling)

.waffle