[Nottingham] Debian devotion [was: OE Reply Fixer]

Andy Davidson nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 5 13:47:01 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 12:25:09AM +0000, James Gibbon wrote:
 > I tried Debian (3.0, I think) a few months ago - it wouldn't
 > recognise my DAT drive or network card,

Do you mean that the default installation kernel didn't support the
hardware ?  Just configure && compile a new kernel.  And in the case of
network cards, I'd be surprised if none of the four install-time kernels
on the standard Debian 3.0 disk 1 cd had support for (although perhaps
by way of a kernel-module) this device ?  What was it ?

"Half decent Linux distribution in 'cofiguration required before use'
non-shocker".

--
Regards, Andy Davidson, Systems Administrator
Comodo Research Labs, Bradford, W. Yorkshire.