[Nottingham] Too much traffic

Mark Ellis nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Mar 6 09:30:01 2003

> I much prefer mailing lists - mail comes in and it's there when I want
> it. My MUA filters each list I'm on (around 50) into separate folders,
> threads them and deletes mailing list messages over a specified age, so
> in effect mailing lists look very much like newsgroups to me. I read the
> threads that catch my eye and not the others. I can't see the difference
> between that and a web forum really, except it's less hassle to visit.
> I'd be unlikely to get around to visiting a web forum, but I cast my eye
> over the list occasionally.
> --
> Chris Hastie

What e-mail clients are people using, At present I am using Evolution
1.0.8-10 and although it does have some features I do not seem to have a
kill thread option or be able to delete mails from folders older than a
week.

So any suggestions for a change ?

BTW Hello people, I have been on this list for quite some time just
never had time to post, just started working from home so should be able
to contribute more.:D

Mark