[Nottingham] Wireless Network Cards

Lee nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 12 16:27:02 2003

hmmm, yeah...

get the latest wireless tools package

get the latest pcmcia package too,

compile em up and install em..

find out the driver for you card's, what are your cards???

compile them up if they don't come precompiled with your kernel.

insmod the driver, or compile it directly into the kernel

use iwconfig to wireless specific stuff

use ifconfig to configure ip stuff, it will probably be called iw0 or
something like that.

Laters,
Lee

oh yeah ..XP SUCKS! big time...