[Nottingham] Linux jobs in Nottingham area

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Mar 13 09:07:02 2003

On Thursday 13 March 2003 01:03, Chris Smith wrote:
> I'm completely new here so hello!
>
> I'm relocating from London (due to it being waaay overpriced and large
> quantities of one-shot Microsoft type jobs) to Nottingham and am looking
> for a UNIX/Linux oriented job around the Nottingham/Derby/Burton/Leicester
> area. Basically anything I can get my hands on that pays enough to survive
> on.
>
> As you guys obviously live round there, do these come by very often or am I
> stuck with endless MS based jobs if I move to Nottingham?  I have a few
> years of UNIX/Linux experience under my belt but have got stuck on the
> Microsoft bandwagon to pay bills...

There's quite a few ISP's http://www.paul.sladen.org/nottingham-isps/ (thanks
to LUG member Paul for that webpage), one of them very big Host Europe, and
there was some mention of them needing bods, they advertise in Linux Magazine
(with a tiny picture of their discreet "Blofeld-like HQ" in Beeston) as
www.dedicated-servers.co.uk.

Capital One use Linux discreetly in places but have more HP & Solaris
officially, course that changes, Nottingham Trent Uni (comp sci dept),
Logobrand and Empics also use Linux to my knowledge for several years.

Rob