[Nottingham] etec ADSL router (conexant) problems

Simon Huggins nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Mar 26 12:19:00 2003

'ello nottingham@mailman.lug.org.uk

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 12:49:15AM +0000, Mike wrote:
> Anyone got any experience with this?

> No probs setting up ADSL (demon) but cant seem to punch any holes in the
> integral firewall

> What I mean is I cant get www,ssh etc to work from outside (or even
> internally by quoting my hostname/IP)

> Both services are running OK (I can connect as localhost)

If you can't get to them from another machine on your LAN then you
should start by looking there before looking at the router surely?  (or
are you using it as your switch as well?  But even so unless it does
weird things...)

Simon.

--
CALLING SOMETHING A FIGURE OF SPEECH DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT TRUE.-Death