[Nottingham] A newbie speaks... nervously

Michael Erskine Michael.Erskine at JASMIN.PLC.UK
Thu Nov 27 16:08:48 GMT 2003

Hi Matt - and welcome,

> Looks like a network card is in order though - at least going
> by this -
> http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/herts/2003-January/000019.

I use a Morphix HDD install (based on Knoppix and virtually the same as
the CD we handed out on the Awareness Day) and like many of us use an
NTL cable modem connected to a network card rather than USB.

If you're short of a network card I can let you have one (Allied Telesyn
100Mbit PCI, boxed, never used) for one pint of beer (I have a stack of
them on my desk!).

Michael Erskine