[Nottingham] A newbie speaks... nervously

Bunter Matthew matthew.bunter at renaultvi.com
Thu Nov 27 17:46:43 GMT 2003

> Sarge is in preparation for a release although it's anyone's guess when
> that will happen or what state the installer will be in when it does
> release.

>From my experience with the unofficial sarge isos, the new installer is
>quite frankly cack.

As Brother Mike Leuty hath spoken, Libranet is basically Debian with a lovely installer. Even a complete idiot like me can use it. Their Xadminmenu makes using Debian by a beginner very easy. The mailing list is also very good for resolving problems (as this one is).

BUT .... it costs money. (Well worth it in my opinion but for some it isn't GNU/Linux if it costs)

Do a search on Libranet reviews and you'll see how many other people think it's a great distro.

Matt