[Nottingham] A newbie speaks... nervously

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Thu Nov 27 17:22:24 GMT 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 05:05:13PM +0000, Joe Wrigley wrote:
> > Sarge is in preparation for a release although it's anyone's guess when
> > that will happen or what state the installer will be in when it does
> > release.
> From my experience with the unofficial sarge isos, the new installer
> is quite frankly cack.

What a useful bug report :-p

Sarge hasn't been released yet so you're basically beta testing the
installer if you do that.

I haven't heard many people say many nice things about the installer
however, though I thought it did more hardware detection now.  I've not
tried it myself yet.

I never really had a problem with the previous installer though in fact
I came to quite like it really.  The fact it gave you a shell to fiddle
with and allowed you to load modules from random floppies to support
extra hardware was very useful.

--
----------(  "It's so nice to have a big strong spud around  )----------
Simon ----(                   the house."                    )---- Nomis