[Nottingham] A newbie speaks... nervously

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Fri Nov 28 09:47:42 GMT 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 08:33:41PM +0000, Joe Wrigley wrote:
> >No, no, speak your mind(!).  If by cack you mean does not have a
> >flashy GUI etc then you should note that you are using the back end
> >and it is designed to have a GTK2 (graphical) front end run on it.
> >This is in addition to things like braille readers and serial consoles.
> No, I actually prefer the woody installer. I mean cack in that it did
> not work, basically. I admit that it's pre-release so I should expect
> too much, but basic functioning would be nice.

Were the bugs you encountered already known?

Did you file new ones?

Lots of this is linked from: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Errata for the beta 1: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata
Some of the bugs:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=installation-reports
more here:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=tag&data=d-i&archive=no

Simon.

--
UK based domain, email and web hosting ***/              Le doute est le /*
http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/     **/  commencement de la sagesse. /**