[Nottingham] The battle of the distros.

Philip Scott scotty at philipscott.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 14:24:30 BST 2003

Hello there,

> after summer break I am back at Uni and was just scanning my massive
> inbox but i think I must have missed the "Battle of the distros". What
> was it all about?

We're running a 'Linux Awareness' day at green's mill, in an attempt to
evangelise free software to the public a bit. The distro war was to decide
which distribition we show to average joe (we figured this would be a bit
more productive than Paul trying to convince everyone to use debian, I
preaching the benifits of compiling your own OS with gentoo, Matt Walster
crying SuSE etc...

> Also, why are you planning to copy it on CD 50 times and write tutorials
> for some apps? Are you planning to present it to someone?

Well, yes, hopefully more than one person; to anyone who comes along to our
awareness day and wants something to take home and play with. (for a very
nominal fee, like a pound or something, I think)

Kind Regards,
	Philip

PS - See the lug site for details