[Nottingham] The battle of the distros.

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 14:28:34 BST 2003

Martin Waryniak wrote:
> Hi everybody,
[...]
> ... must have missed the "Battle of the distros". What
> was it all about?

Comparing and choosing amongst the variety of Linux distros available.
What else?!

A bit like working in a car park, parking cars.

> Also, why are you planning to copy it on CD 50 times and write tutorials
> for some apps? Are you planning to present it to someone?

Might do. Why not?

> Thanks a lot, hopefully I will make the next meeting (not today) :)

Then that will be not this next meeting.

I dread to think what sort of non-logic you dream up for use in scripts
or whatever programming.

> See u,
> Martin

[... Microsoft app lazy top posting crapness deleted ...]

... Hang about... Student. First week back. [Much gnashing of Babbage
cogs, wheeeer-ping-clunk-PING!] ...:

Must be still drunk from freshers week.

You're very welcome to come along to the meeting today for more beer and
to find out. Or you could be geekie and try the website (;-))

martin at ml1.co.uk