[Nottingham] 1st October Meeting (yesterday!)

Alex Tibbles alex_tibbles at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 12:19:49 BST 2003

 --- Michael Erskine <Michael.Erskine at JASMIN.PLC.UK>
wrote: > The Pretty Orchid was nice and not too
expensive
> (and Michael (TuxGames)
> managed to put his on expenses :) and the Newshouse
> afterwards was great
> - good beer, friendly staff and patrons, no smokers
> on our side of the
> pub etc. The journey between the two was... well,
> interesting if not
> slightly unnerving. Towards the end of the evening I
> was rather drunk -
> somebody else might remember things better.

Sorry to have missed it - I have a mental block from
looking beyond the end of the month to figure out what
I'm going to be doing so always end up being busy on
the first wednesday of the month, or realise
afterwards that it has passed.
I'm curious as to what unnervered you. Unnerved by
rampaging freshers? The food disagreeing violently
with someone?

Is something special planned for next month (my
calculations make in 5/11/03) or will it be bumped a
week 'cos people will be burning Fawkes etc.?

Yours boggling,
alex