[Nottingham] NTL ip address ranges

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 22:58:11 BST 2003

Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 20:27, Paul Sladen wrote:
>
>>On the contrary.  NTL are ``considerate'' in that they have only added
>>1 additional prefix to the routeing table, rather than dozens.
>

> Hrm, not quite...
>
> http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=AS5089&view=4637
>
> Scroll down, there's a whole pile. Not as much as TimeWarner Telecom, or
> WorldCom (aka AS701) but significant nonetheless.
>
> For the graph fiends out there, here's how much the BGP tables have
> grown in recent years:
>
> http://bgp.potaroo.net/as4637/
>
> ie. hugely. Yer low-end Cisco no longer copes with full routes from more
> than one provider (hell, in some cases even older midrange kit), and the
> insistence of the Big Boys towards deaggregation is starting to make
> life difficult for smaller networks.
>
> Enough of that, I'm off to pop the top of a nice bottle of wine. TTFN
> kids!

Intreguing stuff. Even shows the .com and Gordon Brown hiccups.

Explaining some of the detail of that lot could make for a very fine
talk. Combined Paul - Graeme NLUG presentation for the small and large
of it?

Meanwhile, just done my shopping. Opening a bottle is a very good idea
(:-)) also.

*Cheers,*

martin at ml1.co.uk