[Nottingham] NTL ip address ranges

James Dobson dob_3001 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 18 11:47:54 BST 2003

>>If they are MS-worm infected scum..

This reminds of a trip to PC world, I was looking for
some ram and happened to be at the desk wanting to ask
a question about said ram.

In front of was two customers with there base units,
the first was because he had brought it in again to
remove the same virus (MSBLAST). The second because he
his computer kept rebooting with the words RPC
appearing on his screen (again MSBLAST although he was
not told this).

The PC world chap's advice was "re-install and install
from the restore disk". I had to almost physically
stop myself from pointing out the obvious flaw with
any such plan and instead wondered how many 'infected'
pc's are because of the poor advise/support given at
so called expert centres.

So as was pointed out earlier you can educate people
(to use Linux of course!) or you can probably earn a
good living because of it, I know PC World are.

James Dobson