[Nottingham] BCS Membership

Tom Bird tom at hambule.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 18:45:24 BST 2003

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Jon Masters wrote:

> I am considering whether to join the BCS as a graduate member so can
> anyone here tell me whether it is worth joining or not?
>
> I have to say application forms in MS Word format are an immediate put
> off for the likes of me.

They will send you spam.  Lots of spam.  Don't use your primary address
for it, unless you really like reading junk about training courses you
don't want.

I signed up under an address that's *not* my primary one, and ended up
taking the entry out of my virtusertable because it pissed me off.  The
free magazine is arse too.  Suffice it to say, I've not renewed my
subscription.

Still getting the free mag though.

-t