[Nottingham] Starting services

Iain Lennon ril at doctors.org.uk
Tue Oct 28 06:39:22 GMT 2003

I've got spamd running on my server. It process all the mail picked up by
fetchmail. Spamd is running as a process which can be controlled by linuxconf
on my Mandrake box (if this is any help)

BTW I compiled and installed from source, as I had nightmares getting the
package to do the right thing...
Iain

On Monday 27 Oct 2003 23:23, Michael Leuty wrote:
> On Monday 27 Oct 2003 23:04, James Gibbon wrote:
> > How do you actually retrieve your mail?  You may not need (or want)
> > to run the daemon.  I call spamassassin from procmail and don't use
> > spamd myself.
>
> I'm running a filter in Kmail which pipes the emails through either
> spamassassin or spamc (said to be faster, but needs spamd to be
> running). Using spamassassin seems to be fast enough (and works fine),
> but I wondered how to start spamd out of interest.
>
> Libranet (which is Debian-based) doesn't have a utility to start and
> stop services. I may need to edit some text files (shock horror).  ;-)
>
> --
> Michael Leuty <mike at leuty.net>

> This email has been scanned using the CleanPort MEF antivirus
> system. Funded for members by the Doctors.net.uk Bulletin service
> How does this protect me? http://www.Doctors.net.uk/qualityemail

Iain Lennon
SpR Emergency Medicine
Mid Trent Rotation