[Nottingham] Starting services

Michael Leuty mike at leuty.net
Mon Oct 27 23:23:06 GMT 2003

On Monday 27 Oct 2003 23:04, James Gibbon wrote:
> How do you actually retrieve your mail?  You may not need (or want)
> to run the daemon.  I call spamassassin from procmail and don't use
> spamd myself.

I'm running a filter in Kmail which pipes the emails through either
spamassassin or spamc (said to be faster, but needs spamd to be
running). Using spamassassin seems to be fast enough (and works fine),
but I wondered how to start spamd out of interest.

Libranet (which is Debian-based) doesn't have a utility to start and
stop services. I may need to edit some text files (shock horror).  ;-)

--
Michael Leuty <mike at leuty.net>