[Nottingham] New Member

Robert Davies rob_davies at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 29 15:25:44 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 28 Oct 2003 14:12, jay haynes wrote:

> I am new this group with very little expierence of Linux but have
> expierence of unix. What is the best way in starting up with a Pc and what

I've done same, and really just dive in and get started.  If you want a non
commercial distro, and don't mind text line, then booting with a Knoppix
CD-Rom will get you into Debian quickly, otherwise give Mandrake or SuSE a
whirl.  You can very likely borrow recent install disk, if you don't have a
burner to download one, there's also possibilities with good net connection
to use boot floppies, or small boot CD and do an ftp install.

Rob